Boston Area Women Playwrights
6th Annual Celebration of Boston Area Women Playwrights!
March 24, 2012 – 10 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Fine Arts Center, Black Box, Regis College, Weston, MA
Highlights of this year’s festival:
Morning & Afternooon Workshops for Participating Playwrights (TBA)
Tech Rehearsal & Food for evening performance participants 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
Welcome Reception in Lobby for friends/audience 7:00 – 7:30 p.m.
Staged Readings of New Plays by Women: 7:00 - 9:15 p.m.
Feedback & Discussion with Playwrights & Guest Dramaturg: 9:15 – 9:45 p.m.
The 6th Annual Our Voices Festival will be produced by Kelly DuMar, Ann Garvin of Image Theater, and Wendy Lement, Regis College Theatre Dept. Chair, faculty member and participating playwright. The festival will include free workshops for playwrights (topic & format announced soon!) and discussion with Guest Playwright & Dramaturg Sybil Roberts Williams from Washington, D.C. Thanks to the generosity of Regis College for the use of the Black Box, the festival will be free & open to the public!
Submission Guidelines – Two Opportunities
For the Evening Staged Readings:
- E-mail submissions only of short plays, scenes or monologues, 10 minutes or less – sorry, nothing longer can be considered, and playwrights should submit only the selected portion if the piece is from a longer work. We’d like to include as many playwrights as possible.
- Please be sure to include your contact info, title of your piece, and production history (if any).
- No published scripts; scripts that have had a prior staged reading are preferred. (Please don’t send one that has been done a lot in the Boston area).
- Selected playwrights will be responsible for arranging for a director & actor(s)
- No set items, minimal tech requirements; lights up, lights down. We’ll have a designated volunteer to read any and all stage directions.
- Selected playwrights must be willing to participate in morning or afternoon workshop as well as tech rehearsal, reception & evening of readings
- Content is open
- There is no budget at all to pay playwrights, actors or directors! This is an all volunteer festival with a spirit of building networking and community support.
- Deadline: Please send in Microsoft Word or pdf to email@example.com no later than January 25, 2011, sooner the better. Selected playwrights will be notified by February 10, 2011 and a required production meeting will soon follow.
Submissions For the Morning Critique Group
- New Work – these are new works that have not had a prior reading that you will present informally and there will be the opportunity for feedback & discussion. Short plays, scenes, monologues, 10 minutes or less – sorry, nothing longer can be considered, and playwrights should submit only the selected portion if the piece.
- Deadline: Please send in microsoft Word or pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 1, 2012. Selected playwrights for the critique group will be notified by March 10, 2011.
For more information, contact Kelly DuMar (email@example.com), (508) 647-0596
Or visit: www.diarydoor.typepad.com/ourvoices